The City of Riviera Beach
The City of Riviera Beach, the Best Waterfront City in Which to Live, Work and Play…is pleased to announce current acceptance of applications for the Audit Committee. This committee is comprised of five members.
The Audit Committee’s purpose is to ensure the independence of the audit function, to monitor internal controls and compliance with respect to the City of Riviera Beach operations and related laws and regulations, to oversee the risk management process, the accounting and financial reporting process, and the audits of the City of Riviera Beach financial statements by an independent audit firm.
The following are required in accordance with Ordinance No. 4173:
• Understanding of government;
• Understanding of internal controls;
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements;
• Experience in business and financial risk management;
• Experience in auditing;
• Must have the ability to serve a two-year term;
• Must attend the Audit Committee meetings; and
• Must complete the Palm Beach County Online Ethics Training.
This is a great opportunity to become a member of one of the City’s advisory boards/committees. If this notice has caught your attention, please submit your application and your resume to:
The Riviera Beach Office of the City Clerk
Attn: Mrs. Claudene Anthony, City Clerk
600 West Blue Heron Blvd.
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Mrs. Elena Georgiev at (561) 385-6711 or email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until vacancies are filled.